On March 20, 2019 the Carson City Republican Party hosted a focus group to gain valuable information from a cross section of voters within our community that will assist the local party to formulate a strategy for success in the 2020 elections. The participants were very engaged, providing both input from structured questions and an open forum that generated spontaneous, well thought out ideas, suggestions, and input.
Structured questions were as follows:
- What is the best way to hear about issues and/or candidates?
- What are your main concerns for the upcoming 2020 election?
- What are the most important issues the CCRCC should address?
- What are the most important core values for candidates and the CCRCC to demonstrate?
- What strategies should the CCRCC use as we approach the 2020 election?
The open forum addressed a multitude of issues that will be helpful to the CCRCC as they begin to address their strategy for 2020. The focus group was very successful. A report is on file with the Carson City Republican Central Committee and available for your review.
Many thanks to Focus Group Chair Donna Myers. Donna spent a great deal of time in the planning and organization of the focus group, and coordinated the session itself. She was supported by her group of volunteers: Marti Cockell, Ann Nunnemaker, Vince Schantz, Karen Fletcher, and Bill Byers.